Media Relations Specialist I (Digital Media Coordinator) (DFL Caucus)
Reports To: Director of Media Relations
Minimum salary is $52,627 (Salary will be set commensurate with experience)
This position is open to all qualified job seekers.
This position has an anticipated start date of April 19, 2021.
This position is open until April 14, 2021 at 5pm.
This position develops and implements strategic communication plans through various social media channels (i.e. Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Work with Senate DFL Media team to develop short and long-term communications plans using a variety of media channels.
- Produce graphics for digital use with appropriate software.
- Write press releases, columns, and statements for DFL Senators as needed.
- Respond to needs of Senate offices, external organizations, or individuals.
- Provide media training and prepare materials for Senators and staff.
- Provide advice to Senate DFL caucus for social media suggestions and talking points.
- Monitor digital and print media from various sources to share with DFL Senators and staff.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Public or International Relations, Journalism, Communications, Digital Communications, Graphic Design, Marketing, or related area of study AND One (1) year of experience as noted below.
A Degree in an unrelated field AND Two (2) year of experience as noted below.
Four (4) years of experience as noted below.
Experience should include: One (1) Legislative Session serving in any capacity, advertising, digital media, public relations, market research, writing, or journalism.
- Ability to work effectively with a team and maintain collaborative work relationships.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Cloud applications (or similar creative studios)
- Knowledge of the legislative process.
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and resourcefulness.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information.
- Ability to accept responsibility, follow directions, and perform assigned tasks.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and maintain discretion.
- Familiarity with Content Management Systems (WordPress)