Director of Community Engagement and Communications (Minority Communications Director) (DFL Caucus)
Reports To: Minority Chief of Staff
This position is open to all qualified job seekers.
This position will be open until filled.
The Director of Community Engagement and Communications will engage partners and build positive, favorable, and consistent relationships with constituents, communities, and stakeholders for the Caucus, its leader, and their Legislative platform across the State. The Director will build and execute a strategic engagement plan to inform and influence public policy and positive relationships. This position serves as a primary contact for external relationships.
- Create engagement plans and strategies for Caucus Leadership and/or the Caucus to create consistent, unified, compelling and effective relationships with constituents, communities, and all stakeholders.
- Implement and coordinate engagement events and communication with constituents, community members, and stakeholders for Caucus Leadership, and Caucus Members to create strong and collaborative relationships.
- Create opportunities for engagement with communities for Caucus members to listen to community needs, understand impact, create transparency, and build relationships.
- Track community engagement and communication for Caucus Leader, Leadership and compile relevant reports.
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Political Science, or related area of study AND Three (3) years of related work experience in external relations, outreach, engagement, communication, or related.
- Ability to create and implement engagement strategies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to succeed in a fast-moving, high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated ability to create effective relationships with constituents, communities, and all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to create and implement strategic engagement plans.
- Ability to explain complex policies and issues to the stakeholders and other interested parties in writing and orally.
- Possess capacity to build effective working relationships with Legislators, Legislative staff, Executive Branch personnel, lobbyists, and the public.
Why work for the Minnesota Senate?
GREAT BENEFITS PACKAGE! The Minnesota Senate offers a comprehensive benefits package for all full-time, permanent employees including:
- Medical and dental insurance
- Life insurance
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Long- and short-term disability insurance
- 13 paid holidays per year
- Paid parental leave
- Vacation and sick leave
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Eligibility for Compensatory Time
How to Apply?
Click "Apply to Position" at the bottom or top right of the page.