This posting will be used to fill two Producer positions within Senate Media Services.
Reports To: Director of Senate Media Services
This position is open to all qualified job seekers.
This position will be on site in the Minnesota Senate Building.
This position is a temporary position with an anticipated start of January 24, 2022 and will continue until the end of the 2022 legislative session, which is expected to end May 2022.
This position will be open until filled.
Produce gavel-to-gavel coverage of Senate proceedings, including floor sessions, committee hearings and press conferences, that informs the public of Senate actions.
- Serve as the Lead Producer of live broadcasts during Senate floor sessions, committee hearings, and press conferences.
- Gather information and create graphic content for live productions.
- Ensure that the broadcast and streaming programming are providing accurate information to Senators, staff, the public, and lobbyists.
- Assist in the maintenance of online archives of Senate video programs.
- Assist in the publishing of completed content to specified social media sites.
- Assist in studio productions when assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Writing, Producing, Visual Communications and on-camera techniques, or related area of study OR Two (2) years of experience in Television, Cable, Industrial Video Production, or related.
In addition to the qualifications listed above, applicants must demonstrate:
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure during the legislative session.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Senate Media team.
- Strong communication skills to effectively communicate with Senate staff and members.
- Experience in the technical and aesthetic production aspects of visual communications.
- Experience serving as a crew member for live television productions.
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information.
- Ability to follow directions and perform assigned tasks.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work under minimal supervision.
Why work for the Minnesota Senate?
The Minnesota Senate offers benefits for temporary employees including:
- Holiday pay
- Optional retirement accounts
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
How to Apply?
Click "Apply to Position" at the bottom or top right of the page