Director of Broadcast Engineering and Operations
Reports To: Director of Senate Media Services
Minimum salary is $56,793 (Salary will be set commensurate with experience)
This position is open to all qualified job seekers.
This position has an expected start date of June 14, 2021.
This position is open until April 20, 2021 at 5pm.
The Director of Engineering and Operations manages, supervises, and coordinates the technical operations of Senate broadcast television production, manages television production staff, and oversees the daily execution and operation of television production systems. The Director of Engineering and Operations designs and manages the installation of television production facilities equipment and establishes production/technical operation procedures to ensure quality control.
- Manage and supervise production staff, so that they are provided adequate resources, direction, and supervision to enable them to meet the job responsibilities, expectations, and fulfill unit objectives.
- Monitor and ensure that all production systems are online and operating properly, identify and troubleshoot technical issues.
- Direct and supervise all technical operations relating to the Senate’s live coverage television production, studio production, post production, TV graphics, video/data networking, radio frequency (RF)/data networking, on-air/closed circuit program distribution, and baseband analog/digital signal distribution systems.
- Monitor the technical quality of all programming and video production, perform troubleshooting, diagnostics, and minor repairs as necessary, and serve as the chief quality control agent for Senate Media Services.
- Supervise the operation, monitoring, and maintenance of all television production equipment and facilities, including analog and digital audio/video signal routing systems, recording/playback/news editing servers, TV graphics servers, and video/audio data networks.
- Coordinate the installation of the Senate’s television production, signal distribution, radio frequency (RF) distribution systems, and audio video data networking systems.
A Degree in Broadcast and Video Production Engineering, AV Operational Management, or related area of study AND Three (3) years of experience as noted below.
Degree in an unrelated field AND Five (5) years of experience as noted below.
Nine (9) of years of experience as noted below.
Experience should include: Managing technical operations relating to live television production, studio production, post-production, TV graphics, video/data networking and streaming technologies, RF/data networking, on-air/closed circuit program distribution, and base-band analog/digital signal distribution systems. Working with systems supporting robotic cameras, television graphics, recording/playback/news editing, and audio/video signal distribution.
- A Master's Degree in Broadcast and Video Production Engineering or related area of study.
- Society of Broadcast Engineers (SBE) Certification (CEV, CBTE, CBNE)
- Supervisory, managerial, project management, or leadership experience.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of the legislative process.
- Ability to balance conflicting demands.
- Use of discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to work long hours during the legislative session.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.